reply to Dorine

Just a few points to make about the letter from Dorine.

I think she is right to point out that Dennis Johnson would be a fine coach.
He was a great money player in his career and always played big in the
pressure games, including the playoffs and he deserves to go into the Hall
if Bailey Howell did!

However...David Wesley surely doesn't deserve the NBA M.V.P. for one game!
He is an inconsistent player, and although he does play with a lot of effort
and is a good player, he is merely an average journeyman player and that's
why he is playing with the Celtics.  Let us not forget that the Nets and
one other NBA franchise (I think it's the Nuggets..can't remember right now)
waived him from their team.  He does make things happen but he wouldn't
crack the top 10 best point guard list in the NBA on anyone's list let alone
best ten players in the league!

As for Rick Fox, let's hope he leaves soon!  I can't recall ever seeing a
professional basketball player not be able to hit an 18 foot jumper, while
open.  He never hits them either!  Also, he can't make good decisions on
the break, never converts on 3-on-2's, and he cannot finish on the break
either.  He is also a journeyman and is very limited offensively.  There is
a reason why the Celtics cannot unload Fox.  Granted, he is vastly overpaid
for being an average player, but no one wants him anyway.  Defensively,
which supposedly was his claim to fame in North Carolina and led to his
pick in the 1st round as a draft choice, he is slightly average.  He is too
heavy to keep up with quicker small forwards, and too short for power
forwards.  He's a classic "tweener"...what is he...a small forward?  Not at
230 pounds.  Is he a power forward?  Not at 6'7''.  Is he a shooting guard?
Can't hit an outside shot and he can't handle the ball.  Where does that
put him?  On the bench usually.

John Diaz