piton

Someone wrote about Pitino being a mediocre coach with the Knicks.  That
is completely wrong.  As I remember they won the division for the first
time in a while and improved that year under Pitino.  Could someone find
his pro record and whether the Knicks won the division that year, how
competitive they were, and what
they did the year before.

Also, Jeremy felt that Pitino still might coach with Bird as GM.  But I
respectfully have to disagree.  Any established coach in any league,
college or pro, are now demanding total control.(Parcells, Jimmy Johnson,
etc.) and Pitino is no exception.  the only way Pitino will leave Kentucky
is if it is a perfect scenario with total control.  If not he won't even
bother to listen.  Coaches nowadays are coming with high demands and if
you want one of the best basketball coaches in the game today, you will
have to give him total control.  which I disagree with but it is the way
it is!  How much money did Parcells forsake next year, and with a serious
chance to win the title just because he wants total control.  Its absurd.
Today's coaches are like today's players-selfish and stubborn and that's a
terrible combination.

Christopher R. Gee