Re: If this could only come true.

Marc wrote:

> >The Celtics, looking at their worst season since the late 1940s, are
> >convinced that they need to move Carr out and take advantage of Bird's
> >basketball know-how.
>

> Sounds cool, but .......  do we really know if Bird has any talent off
the
> basketball court? He's got heart and he knows the game, but managing a
> basketball team requires somewhat different skills.

I agree, leave the coaching to some experienced practitioners.  Look at the
problems Magic had in L.A. trying to deal with the young players ego's.
Remember Bill Russell ?  Great player, but couldn't coach worth a rat's
ass.  Look at Don Nelson also, couldn't relate to the young players & ended
up wrecking Golden State trading Richmond for Billy Owens, and who can
forget the Webber fiasco. They ended up swapping Webber for Donyell
Marshall , ouch !!
I hear Dallas is looking at bringing him in as GM.