Boston Celtics vs. Vancouver Grizzlies - 2/2/97

VANCOUVER 102, BOSTON 92

BOSTON -- Bryant Reeves scored a career-high 33 points and
grabbed 18 rebounds and rookie Shareef Abdur-Rahim added 28
points to lead the Vancouver Grizzlies to a 102-92 victory over
the Boston Celtics in a game matching the teams with the worst
records in the NBA. The win was the first in six games for
interim coach Stu Jackson, who took over for Brian Winters on
Jan. 24.

"It feels good but I'm mostly happy for our kids," said Jackson,
who is also Vancouver's president and general manager. "We've
been beaten mentally and physically. Hopefully, we can build on
this."

Eric Williams led Boston with a season-high 22 points and rookie
Antoine Walker added 19 points and 16 rebounds. The loss was the
eighth in nine games for the Celtics, who shot 33 percent from
the field for the game.

"Big Country was Big New England tonight," said Celtics coach
M.L. Carr. "He was finishing really well. He read the traps
well."

Great. I love seeing the Celtics lose to the Grizzlies. I don't care how
much everyone on this list wants the Celtics to lose, there are some teams
we have to beat. This is one of them, although it was good to see Antoine
score well tonight....

SYDNEY 2000 - Home of the Olympics

Cheers,

	Michael