No Subject

Which led me to the info you originally desired:
http://www.sportserver.com/SportServer/basketball/nba/97playoffs/nbachamps.html

which shows that from '57 through '69 they beat the Lakers 7 times, the
St. Louis Hawks 3 times, and the San Francisco Warriors once, but you
already knew that!

Interesting tidbit I just learned from that site:  in the 40's, the team
from Chicago in the Western Conference was called the "Stags".

Also, most of us know all the years in which the Celtics made it to the
NBA Finals, and the years in which they won it all, but did you know that
there are only 4 periods in NBA history in which the Celtics went
more than one year without appearing in the Eastern Conference finals,
and excluding the first 6 years of the NBA, the current one is by far
the longest:

    number of
   consecutive
      years         seasons
        9          '88 - '97 (means '88-'89 through '96-'97)
        6          '46 - '52 (means '46-'47 through '51-'52)
        3          '76 - '79
        2          '69 - '71

Pretty amazing, huh?  Before the current drought, the longest drought
since '53 was just 3 years.

Jon Mc