Re: Quote of the Night

The great Cousy has to calm down a bit. This is entertainment, and the
Celts are providing it, just observe their effort. Can't ask for more than
that at this point of the new Celtic era. I find Tommy H constantly trying
to cover for him and smooth things out. He'll say something like "well Cous
Pitino is working hard on defense and the offense will work its way into
it" after Cous repeats his usual "we can't run the fast break" for the 10th
time. Maybe he's just not good at structuring his sentences and thoughts.
Well Maxwell on the radio doesn't have command of the English language
either but gets his message across very well and with some humor. The only
problem watching the game and listening on the radio is the time
difference, the voice is not in sync with the tv action. We have an
exciting team, we need and deserve after these past years of gloom,
announcers that can ad to this excitement. Tommy may be silly at times but
he's always up. Cous needs some happy pills, or maybe the Chief can get him
some of the stuff he uses.

>Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 10:59:47 -0500
>From: Jonathan McIntyre <jmc@ptc.com>
>Subject: Re: Quote of the Night
>
>> > I assumed he meant there are a few Celtic fans left *in LA*, but given
>> > Cousy's generally pessimistic tone of voice, it sure sounds like he
>> > means only a few fans anywhere.
>>
>> That's not all. Throughout the game, Cousy kept on saying how Van Exel
was going
>> to take over the game. (Another words, the C's will lose) He also said
that the
>> Lakers were not taking the Celtics seriously. Yes, that may be true but
I don't