Why don't we all settle down a bit....

Hey gang!

	Here  I am again, the silent member of the group.  I have been quietly reading my mail for the past few weeks and I have to say that I am a little  surprised by all the talk about trades.  First of all, what is all this talk about trading Antoine?  Can any one tell me the last time we had a player of his talent?  His  desire to play?  His willingness to play for the team?  I don't get to see too many games out here in Michigan, but the ones I do see I  am more impressed by his playing.  I see him out on the floor, taking charge of the  game.  Directing players on offense, helping out on defense, settling down the team when it needs it, bringing them up when they are down.  How many stat categories does  he lead our team in?  Sure he does  take some poor shots and is prone to turnovers, but how many young team leaders take all perfect shots?  Since we are calling on him to do so much, can we blame a 6-9 forward  for  not being the  best ball handler in the league?  Antoine has so much talent, how can you even think about  wanting to trade him?  I challenge any one of you to name a player of equal value to trade for.
	What happened to the 'let them play and  mature' theories we had at the start of the season?  As  the season has gone  on, our shooting percentage has slowly (very slowly) increased.  I think that shooting percentage is our nemisis.  We loose games because of that.  Our defense is there, our intensity may waiver a bit, but that goes with any team.
	I  guess what I want to say is  that we have a good team here.  We are the youngest team in the past ten years  in the NBA.  We have maturing to  do.  Yes we need an inside player.  That would be perfect for our team.  Some one who we can rely on in the low post for a few  each game.  But  why do we have to trade  right now  for some one  to do this for us?  Next year is going to be one of the biggest free agent years ever.  We have the draft, and we have options to trade if it comes along.  But we are in no need of forcing a trade.

	Any replies?

Jp