[Fwd: Trade Suggestions]

NAME REDACTED wrote:

> I propose that we package Dee Brown, Greg Minor, andBruce Bowen to
> thePhoenix Suns in exchange for a real shooting guard, Rex Chapman.
> RexChapman is a three-point sniper, who explodes in the playoffs and
> alsoprovides offensive firepower during the season. He'd be an ideal
> backupfor Mercer, since he comes cheap (league minimum in Phoenix) and he
> knowsRick's system (he went to Kentucky) and thrives in Rick's system. So

Rex Champman did not play for Rick Pitino at the University
of Kentucky.  He played for Eddie Sutton.   Rex Chapman
does not know the Rick Pitino system of basketball.

 Rex Chapman was drafted  in the first round and signed by the
Charlotte Hornets in the l988-89 season.  He  was all rookie
second team in1989. Chapman played only his freshman and
sophomore years at the University of Kentucky in 1987 and 1988.

Rick Pitino coached the New York Knicks in 1987-88, won 38
and lost 44.  Pitino also coached the Knicks in 1988-89, won 52
and lost 30.  Pitino then came to the University of Kentucky in
1989-90, won 14 and lost 14.

 Shawn Kemp also enrolled at the University of Kentucky, but
he left before the 1988-89 season began.  He went to Trinity
Valley Community College in Texas.  I think Shawn Kemp left
Kentucky because he had a gold chain that belonged to Shawn
Sutton, the son of  Coach Eddie Sutton.

Shawn Kemp did not play for Kentucky, did not play for
Rick Pitino, and does not know Rick Pitino's system of
basketball.

Every  player that is  in the NBA  from the University of
Kentucky did not  necessarily play for Rick Pitino.  Rick
Pitino is a good coach, but don't give him credit for coaching
 a  player in the NBA just because the player played at
Kentucky.