Celtics' easy schedule so far

  Last night I was reading yesterday's Boston Globe, and there was a
brief mention of how the Celtics' schedule has been fairly easy so far
and will become harder in the next 13 games.  I decided to check out
how the Celtics compared to the rest of the NBA in games played, home
games, and road games.

  Before last night's games:

  - Only 1 team had played fewer games (23), than the Celtics' 24, and only
    4 other teams had played exactly 24.  Most had played 25 to 27.
    So the Celtics had had more rest between games than most teams,
    something Pitino said he needed if he wanted time to teach.

  - Even with the low games played, only 1 team had played more home
    games than the Celtics' 15 home games played.  Only 2 others had
    exactly 15 played at home (and now the C's have 16 played at home!)

  - Not surprisingly, the Celtics had the fewest road games played
    (and still do), with only 9 road games played.  Most teams had
    around 13 road games played.

  Let's hope all the learning time and confidence building that the
easy schedule of the first 2 months allowed will help the Celtics to
stay around .500 during the long, difficult road trips coming up.

  This is where we'll see how good their physical conditioning really is.

Jon Mc