Re: Last night's game

Excellent insight as usual from Jonathan.  I almost felt I was there.

Regarding Bowen, I have to note that I was a major detractor in his
original signing, with the gauranteed contract.  I couldn't be more happy
to be wrong about a player in many years.  About as wrong as I was about
being happy about a young "stud" (or should I say dud) by the name of Alaa
Albdenaby.  Being in Portland I remember the excitement he brought to the
Blazers for a short while, and when he arrived in Boston I thought the C's
had really picked up a find.  Instead they picked up a problem, who really
liked hanging out with the "Chief".  Too bad.

My concern is that Bowens contract will come due (was it a 1 or 2 year
deal?), and he will move on somewhere else to make the big FA dollars.  My
hope is that we can keep him active and happy (so far so good), and
convince him to hang on for the big bucks, kind of like Rex Chapman has
been courted with Phoenix.

How did this guy slip through the system into our hands?  It must be a
combination of strong scouting and quick skills development in the right
system.  What a find!

Greg