Re: How many could they have won?

Kevin said:
>   I have heard a few people complain about Walker taking the ball coast to
> coast and not pacing to Mercer on a fast break in a game...  However, it is
> not like Walker turned the ball over or screwed up.  He was fouled;
> therefore, no harm was done.  You nevre know why he didn't pass the ball.
> Maybe he didn't have a good handle on the ball when he was getting ready to
> pass and was forced to put it up or perhaps he didn't think the passing lane
> was quite as open as all of you tend to believe it was.  Anyways... No harm
> was done... So chill out.

  This is not the only time this has happened.  Walker has done this time
and time again.  He'll be in the middle on the break, the defender(s) will
come at him, and he won't pass... he'll go right at them.  Half the time
he HAS turned it over.  When it's not a turnover, it's a foul in traffic,
meaning he probably didn't get a decent shot, meaning no basket, 2 free throws.

  If he passes when defenders come at him, his teammate either gets:
    - an uncontested layup or dunk, for 2 almost certain points
    - a weakly contested layup, so either 2 points AND a free throw,
                                       or sometimes just 2 free throws
    - a hard foul, for 2 free throws and possession of the ball.

  2 free throws is the LEAST you should get when you have a 3 on 2 or a
2 on 1 break, and should be considered somewhat of a failure.

Jon Mc