Re: [Fwd: Idea] (fwd)

> On Sun, 14 Dec 1997, Steve Huffman wrote:
>
> > What makes you think that Philadelphia would trade Stackhouse
> > for Billups?  I would like for Stackhouse to play for Boston, but
> > I just don't think that Philadelphia would trade even for Billups.
>
> This has been mentioned before, but I can't see why we'd want Stackhouse.
> It would certainly stymie the chance for Mercer to develop as well as
> limiting minutes for Bowen and McCarty.  The last thing the C's need is
> another player who views himself as a jump-shooter.

I totally agree.... I really don't think that Stackhouse would improve
the team very much.  In fact, Mercer probably will be a better player in
2 years.  I think we need to try to get a big man such as Ike Austin.

As for Billups, he seems to have a lot of talent and is willing to learn.
People on this board really needs to give this guy some time.  Look at Kobe
Bryant, who looked terrible last year (flashes of greatness tho') but he is
doing really well now. I would almost everyone on Celtics for him (maybe not
Walker - but Kobe may turn out even better than him).  Even Pippen took
a few years to develop.

-Chul