Re: In the USA Today, well... today

y'know, I read that report in USA Today too. I was thinking about that a
bit and I have to say, I will be VERY surprised if he does end up back in
Philly. Why? Well, for one thing, they have a tremendous glut of guards :
Iverson, Stackhouse, J.Jackson, Rex Walters, Mark Davis and Anthony
Parker. In light of this, why in the world would they want to add another
guard and a 5-11 one at that? Then, the second thing is that Barros is
hopelessly ineffective if he does not receive playing time and plenty of
shots. He is a scorer in the mold of Abdul-Rauf, and when he is given free
rein, we know he can pass too. But with Iverson there, how likely is it
for him to be given such freedom there? Also, it's no secret that Philly
is not the best place in  the world for someone who's looking for shots.
T.Thomas, Iverson, Stack, Parker, Coleman, Walters and even Chambers are
all from D. Wilkins shot selection school. Well, the only conceivable
reason I can see for his going to Philly would be to be an outside threat
which they do not have much of. As a Steve Kerr type player. But $3 M a
year is pretty steep price tag to pay for Kerr. Well, if it works for
them, I'm not complaining. Or maybe they want a voice of reason in the
locker room ... a former Celtics Captain - Hah, what could be better ...
Danny