Re: trade time

Georgek27 wrote:

> I'm all for trading our #1 pick for Austin provided they take either one big
> salary or 2 lesser ones to give us some roster relief. Then I would use our
> free agent dollars (which will be significant with the new TV contract) to go
> after Jason Williams.
>
> I'd also try to deal one of our 3 million dollar vets to Golden State who
> needs veteran
> ball players and will have a hard time luring free agents without vastly
> overpaying after the Sprewell/P.J. follies. Their cap money doesn't mean
> squat! Take back a 2nd rounder from the 2008 draft!
>
> George

There wont be a 2nd round in the 2008 draft!!

I have thought about it for a while and I've come to the conclusion that
it would be best for the C's not to trade for free agents at the end of
this season. I think it would be best to trade for free agents for the
end of NEXT season.

I've decided to find out who the free agents at the end of next season
are so here they are.

BOS- Bowen, Jones, McCarty, Rogers, Walker
MIA- Majerle, Mills, Strickland
 NJ- Dare, Kittles
 NY- nil
ORL- Evans, Outlaw, Price
PHI- Cummings, Iverson
WAS- Cheaney, Grant
ATL- nil
CHA- Armstrong, Reid, Rice
CHI- Harper, Burrell, Longley
CLE- Ilgauskas, Potapenko
DET- O'Bannon, Williams (Jerome)
IND- nil
MIL- Allen, Brandon, Curry, Honeycutt, Lang
TOR- Camby, Slater, Wallace
DAL- Green, Muuresepp, Reeves, Walker, Wells
DEN- Lauderdale
HOU- nil
MIN- Carr, Curley, Marbury, M. Williams
SAN- unknown
UTA- Anderson, Foster, Hornacek, Malone, Stockton
VAN- Abdur-Rahim, Brown, Chilcutt, D. Edwards, Thorpe, C. Robinson
GSW- Dampier, Fuller
LAC- Piatowski, Rogers, Vrankovic, Wright
LAK- Fisher, Shaq, Bryant
PHO- Nash
POR- O'Neal
SAC- Funderburke, Hurley, Richmond
SEA- Baker, Schrempf, Snow

okay.

I know this sounds like extremely bad strategy, but listen up and listen
good because this could be a good move.

Step 1- DO NOT SIGN ANTOINE THIS SEASON!!!

Step 2- trade for one or more of these players-  Dare, Lang, Curley, M.
Williams, D. Edwards, Chilcutt,  Vrankovic

DO NOT Trade- Bowen, Jones, McCarty, Rogers, Walker, Edney, Knight,
Mercer

Trade- Brown, Barros, Minor, Ellison, DeClercq, Thomas.

Possible trades

Yinka Dare for DeClercq
Andrew Lang for Ellison and Thomas
Curley and Williams for Brown
Chilcutt and D. Edwards for Minor
Barros for Vrankovic

team roster would be

 C- Knight   Lang    Vrankovic  Dare
PF- Walker   Rogers
SF- McCarty  Bowen   Jones
SG- Mercer   Jones
PG- Billups  Edney

Waive Williams, Curley, D. Edwards straight away.

Trade our draft pick to Golden State for their draft pick next year.

The players left at the end of next season would be- Knight, Mercer and
Billups or a total of around $7.5 mil. With a cap of $30 mil, that gives
the C's over $20 mil to work on and build a team.

Free agents to chase with the $20+ mil.

Outlaw, Cheaney, Longley, Ilgauskas, J. Williams, Allen Brandon,
Wallace, Marbury, Shandon Anderson, Rahim, Wright, Funderburke, Baker.

Comments?

Warwick