trade time

This is an odd time in the season.  We are in a losing streak, and at such a
time everybody looks like a failure.  But what is especially alarming is that
Pitino's system is not  working, owing largely to the lack of a
rebounder/defender down low and a go to scoring threat on offense.  Antoine
may morph into the latter by sesons end, adn Billups will come along, but
this is like the offseason in that we are waiting for trade news every day.
 When RP was with the knicks and he had this problem, he traded for Chas.
Oakley.  Of course then he had an extra top flight center sitting around.

Which brings us to Austin.  Is there any way to get him?  And if not, can we
afford him as a free agent?  the club's finances are a little murky to me.  I
see now Phoenix is tallking to Toronto about Damon -- i guess they want to
corner the market on point guards.  Canby would be a valuable addition, even
if he is a sleazeball.  this will be an interesting time, and certainly an
interesting offseason.

we must win wednesday.  after this spell and this long layover, a w is a must

josh