Re: Pitino As Best Coach Is Joke

and also wrote:
> wrong, you put your foot in your mouth.  I don't have to defend any
> statement of mine because I know what I'm talking about.  Just admit you
> made  a stupid statement, you were wrong and you apoligize.  That will
> end it.  If you've been a C's fan since 60's then you should know
> better!

Troy,

  Chill out.  We're not here to bash each other or claim superiority
over each other in some kind of juvenile game of power.  My impression
is that almost all of us are here to bounce our ideas, information,
opinions, speculation and predictions about the Celtics off each other,
and hopefully come out more informed in the end, and able to enjoy the
Celtics more.

  Just because someone says Pitino isn't one of the best NBA coaches
doesn't mean they're anti-Celtics or they don't belong here.  It's a valid
opinion which has some real reasoning behind it, even though I think most of us
would reach a different conclusion about Pitino through different reasoning.
(Personally, I think you have to consider that he likes taking over teams
with tons of obstacles and turn them around and bring them quickly to
excellence, and after achieving excellence, he leaves to seek out a new
challenge, so he never stays around enough to win lots of championships...
while at the same time it's debatable whether Phil Jackson's a great coach
even though he's won 5 world championships.)

  The insights and opinions from people on this list have helped me gain
a more thorough understanding of all kinds of things relating to the
Celtics, but I wouldn't have learned anything new if I'd just
bashed anyone who expressed an opinion different from mine.

Jon Mc