>I would think that if Golden State had a chance to trade Marbury, Iverson,
>and Damon Staudamire for Smith, they would.  What do you think?
you're probably right -- all 3 are more established than Billups. I know
you shouldnt make a blanket statement like "never trade big for small,"
like I did. but I think it takes a very talented little man to even the
scales in a trade for a good big man, which Smith still is despite his
crappy season. (see last year's #s)

           Peter Delevett
            Staff Writer
     New Orleans CityBusiness