Sprewell

Before I read the my latest digest, I jokingly asked whether anybody
still wanted Sprewell.  Serves me right.  I can't BELIEVE any sane
Celtics fan would want to touch this joker with a ten foot pole, let
alone compare him to DJ or Chief.  Sure, Lenny Wilkens labeled DJ as a
"cancer" in Seattle.  Sure, Chief was dismissed as an underachieving
loafer in Golden State.  But neither of them tried to CHOKE THEIR COACH.
 And yes, Sprewell does have a track record of pure disrespect for his
coaches, his teammates and the game.  Let's not give him credit for not
having a JR Rider-like rap sheet.

I have no illusions that NBA players are or should be angels.  Rodman
doesn't particularly bother me, except when he takes a cheap shot at
another player.  If you offered me Allen Iverson for anyone on the
Celtics' roster except Walker, I'd probably take him.  But Sprewell is
in a class (or lack thereof) by himself.  On the attitude scale, he
makes Todd Day look like Larry Bird, Dave Cowens and Bill Russell all
rolled into one.

Michael Gooen