Re: Walkers Shooting % (fwd)

Maturity on the court is not a function only of age but, I think, of
experience. It would not be fair to do so because at the time, Walker
would have had what, four years experience in the NBA as opposed to one
for Bird. According to your train of thought, a player that stays in
college for four years should have exactly the same rookie stats as the
same player after four years if he chooses to come out after high school.
That's a little hard to swallow. I mean, I don't think Kevin Garnett would
be putting up the numbers he's putting up now were he to attend two years
of college and come out last year. Of course, it's impossible to say.
Remember also that Bird improved the Celts from 29 wins to 61 wins in one
year. Now don't get me wrong Vinny, I love Walker's play, but I think
Walker-Bird comparisms are premature. ;) - Danny