What is going on here?

Throughout all of this summer, I have been really excited about rebuilding
our team.  First, I was estatic that we signed Pitino. Second, I was estatic
that we got Billups and Mercer to go along with Walker to be our nucleus of
the future and to eventually take us to the championship.  Then, we signed a
lot of key players to help our nucleus by signing players such as Mills,
Knight, etc.

But for the last week a lot of people on this list and people in the Globe
and people everywhere have said what a terrible job the Celtics have done
this off-season and we would be lucky to make the playoffs and we are a team
with no future.

What is going on here?!

We have our three all-stars of the future in Billups, Mercer, and Walker who
will more than likely take us to the playoffs this year.  They are very
young and will eventually grow together until we are at the top.  In my
opinion these three players along with our great coach and some key role
players make our team have ONE OF THE BRIGHTEST FUTURES IN THE NBA.

So why is everyone all of a sudden so depressed about our team.  Is it
because we did not save our money for the free agents of next year?  I think
we didn't save our money becasue Pitino thinks we already have our three all
stars and just went out and signed solid players to help them.

Would somebody tell me WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?