Re: Waiting

Nathan A. wrote:

> I don't know what to think after reading the last several days worth
> or
> Celtic's e-mail. I don't know whether to think of Rick Pitino as a
> slick,
> Bill-Clinton-type lier who is too nervous to run a team, or as the
> master of
> the game, sitting in the corner with a just-you-wait-and-see smile on
> his face.
> If the first version is true, here's a worrisome thought. If I remeber
> correctly, RP's contract has him coaching and general managing for sux
> years, then just acting as GM and pres. for another four years. What
> is it
> going to be like if we have RP running the front office, and don't
> even get
> to benifiet from his glorious coaching ability? Hopefully by then he
> will be
> a seasoned expert of the front office game.
> The only thing I can think of to do now is to sit and wait for the
> season.
> Then we will find out what we signed up for for the next ten years. In
> the
> meantime, I will remain cautiously optimistic.
>
> Nathan

And remember, what are the benchmarks for comparing P's first year?
Should it be compared to ML Carr's last year.  To KC's best year?

At the end of 1997-98, will there be a standard that we can all look at
and say, yes, he did a good job coaching?  Anyone care to set an
objective standard.  Is twice the wins of last year enough?  He should
get that, but maybe not much more.

Peace,

- --
Bentz