Re: Re: Rick Pitino, quickest gun in the East...

Dorine,

I agree about getting a mid-lottery pick for Eric, but this guy is pretty
good.  Larry was willing to trade Dampier and Ferrell for him, and several
teams were offering over 30 million.  I like Eric, but he is one dimensional,
and a very immature player.  We enjoy his boyishness, but I imagine Rick
Pitino knows what kind of characters succeed in his system.  Don't forget
about William's 100 mph high speed chase which somehow never got talked
about.  I loved watching Eric, but he was not a good defender, and he never
bothered to rebound.  Nor for all the begging did he ever try to develop his
jump shot.  Don't get off the ground floor.

As for david, he was quick and and a much better defender than Edney, but he
wasn't a real point guard; this guy is a pure point, and will be instrumental
on a high scoring passing team with a rookie point.