Eric, We Hardly Knew Ye

I mourn eric's passing because he had so much game, but really he was shaping
up as a sixth man award type -- a super duper off the bench scorer.  I
disagree with Gene that he had no upside, since he was not coached for his
only two years in the league, but I still think this upgrade might make
sense. You're not going to turn eric williams into a rebounder, and his
defense wasn't so hot either.  Plus, he had that 100 mile an hour high speed
chase with mass state troopers, which you can't just write off as youthful
hijinx.  Mills seems to be a highly sought after player -- Vecey reports that
Portland and somebody else were offering him a 33 million dollar contract.
 Larry was all fixed to trade Dampier and the other guy for him.  He is young
but a playoff veteran.  This might help with the maturity factor, since our
only veterans are Dee and Dana as things stood.  Of course, Mills may elect
to join the Jailblazers or the other team, which would screw us up.  My main
problem is this:  couldn't Wallace unload Eric for at least a first rounder?
 They guy makes less than a million a year!  Hell, Chicago and LA could even
afford him.  Second rounders are worthless; but a mid range first can be a
somebody, as eric himself demonstrates.  That was hasty and stupid, I think,
with all due respect.