Trade

It is being reported in Boston that the Celtics have traded Eric Williams
to the Denver Nuggets for two future second round draft picks.

This is obviously a salary cap move.  But I would have rather seen a Dee
Brown or Greg Minor traded for second round picks.  I believe Eric is
worth at least one first round pick.

This gives the Celtics now a little over $2 million to spend with the
increase in the salary cap.  Maybe the Celtics are interested in signing
more free agents for this season or freeing money for a trade or the free
agent market next summer.

I will reserve judgement on this trade until future moves are made.  At
the surface this looks like a one sided trade very much in favor of the
Nuggets.