No Subject

Thanks to Tony for having more concern for us starving fans without the
direct availability from the Globe.  For many weeks this fishwraps coverage
was top notch, now we get nothing.  I doubt this little is taking place
considering the coverage Tony was able to dig up in other publications.
How do we complain to the Globe?  Obviously someone is not keeping up with
their duties back in Beantown.  By the way who else got the nice little
letter from the Celtics Monthly folks.  Not printing an issue, as minimal
as it might have been would have been nice after the last six weeks..  I
wish I could take this take the summer off idea to my boss.  I sure miss
the Celtic Pride.  Are there any team publications available, official or
not?

On another note;  as a relatively new recipient of this great dialogue, but
a lifetime fan, I want to comment on the draft and FA pickups.  Other than
not getting #1/Duncan, the C's could have not done better.  Pitino's
efforts to get Mercer were sharp.  At least we have optimism, for the
future and an interest in watching these many young, talented players
develop.  On the FA market, why give multi-year deals to unproven talents.
Bowen and Massenberg likely would have signed for less.  I hope all the
recent deals prove any skeptics, including myself, wrong.  It is to early
to tell but Pitino has the right attitude.  For any reader who has not
inhaled his recent business book, get out and buy, borrow or steal a copy.
It might help in more ways than you can imagine.  Enough for now.  Keep the
flow of info up to us starved info Celtic fans on the Left Coast.

"Ode"
grodeg@kalama.com