Re:

>                              [Oldsmobile]
>> [CBS SportsLine/Pro Sports Xchange]
>>=20
>> Boston Celtics
>>=20
>> HOT TOPICS:
>>=20
>> Rick Pitino, who once grew utterly perplexed with a directory
>> assistance operator in New Jersey who assured him there was no
>> "Richie's Auto Body" in the local listings, is expected to reunite
>> this week with Richie Adubato, the fired coach of the Magic. Pitino is
>> expected to add Adubato as a consultant and assistant. The two were
>> Knick assistant coaches together. ... Celtics have easily been the
>> busiest team in the Atlantic over the summer. Having renounced nine
>> free agents, released Dino Radja after failing to have a trade with
>> Philadelphia clear, the Celtics have pretty much obliterated any
>> salary cap room for the lush '98 class with the signings of Travis
>> Knight (seven years, $22 million), Andrew DeClercq (five years, $8.4
>> million), Tony Massenburg (three years, $2.7 million) and Bruce Bowen
>> (two years, $980,000). ... "There's not too much left of last year's
>> team now," Pitino understated. ... Pitino says the slimmed down Dee
>> Brown should be "a great player" for his up-tempo system. ... Brown
>> dropped 15 pounds after a not-so-veiled threat from the new coach that
>> he get his butt in shape. ... Atlanta hoping to land Rick Fox for the
>> $1 million exception, although both Toronto and Vancouver have made
>> overtures toward the Canadian product. ... Celtics were impressed with
>> 7-2, 319-pound Garth Joseph at their free-agent rookie camp last
>> month, even though the behemoth, a native of the West Indies and a
>> product of Division 2 College of St. Rose in Albany, NY, never set
>> foot on the court because of a stress fracture. But 7-2, 319 is always
>> impressive, although the Celtics would be more impressed if the line
>> read, 7-2, 290.
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> August 6, 1997* Vol. 2, No. 75
>>=20
>> Copyright (c) 1996 Pro Sports Xchange
>>=20
>> All Rights Reserved. Reprints, duplication or redistribution is
>> prohibited without written permission from Pro Sports Xchange.
>>=20
>> Complete Pro Football Insider newsletterby computer download, e-mail,
>> or fax!
>>=20
>> Subscribe now. Call 1-888-PICK PSX (1-888-742-5779)
>>=20
>> Return to Pro Sports Xchange
>>=20
>> [Have You Heard You Can Hear It All Here!  Audio Clips from Players and=
> Coaches.  CLICK HERE.]
>>=20
>> Home | Index | Search | Free 30 Day Trial
>>=20
>> We welcome your comments in our Feedback Forum
> [...]

GO CELTICS!!!!! GO BRUINS!!!! GO RED SOX!!!! GO BRUINS!!!! GO CELTICS!!!! GO
RED SOX!!!!! GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
***Member of the Reggie Lewis Club***
***Member of the Larry Bird Club***             ***Member of the John
Valentin***
***Member of the Antione Walker Club***         ***Member of the Tim
Naerhing***
***Member of the Anson Carter Club***
***Member of the Cammeron Mann Club***
***Member of the Steve Heinze Club***