SportingNews- Celtics

> [Image]                                                            [Image]
>                                                                  [Image]
>
> [Image]    [Image]               [Image]           [Image]
> [Image]                                  [Image]            [Image][Image]
>                                          [Image]
>             [Image]                      [Image]            [Image][Image]
> [Image]     Boston Celtics                                         [Image]
> scores      Team Report posted August              [[I[Image]
> fans' 5     11, 1997                                        [Image]
> standings
> power poll  by tsn correspondent                       [Image] Player
> teams       PETER MAY [Image] Boston Globe             Stats / Bios
> schedules                                              [Image] TSN
> players
>             The day he officially accepted the job     Store: Get your
>             of overhauling the Boston Celtics,        [Celtics gear!
>             Rick Pitino quipped that he was so         [Image] Schedule
> customize   anxious to get going that he wished        and Results
> experts     practice began the next day.               [Image] Team
> tsn store
> fantasy     He's not going to be too far off.          Report Archives
> trivia
> archives    Pitino will have his Celtics team in
> sportsmail  town for two weeks at the end of
> chat        August for "voluntary" workouts. These
> search      sessions come on top of at least four
>             other workouts, rookie camps or summer
> voice of    league appearances.
> the fan
>             Normally, teams hold one rookie camp
>             and then send a team to one or two
>             summer leagues. Some teams, such as
>             the Bulls and Nets, have decided not
>             to have any, citing the expense and
>             the low reward. This is different.
>
>             The day after the draft in late June,
>             Pitino staged a three-day free agent
>             camp. A week later, he conducted the
>             Celtics' annual rookie/free agent camp
>             at Brandeis. The Celtics then took a
>             group of players to Atlanta for a
>             three-day rookie tournament also
>             featuring the Hawks, Cavs and Pacers.
>
>             Two weeks ago, Pitino had virtually
>             the entire team in for a week. One of
>             the no shows was Pervis Ellison, who
>             has not been one of Pitino's favorites
>             from day one. The same group of 12
>             have been invited back for five-day
>             workouts the last two weeks of August.
>
>             There is nothing in the Collective
>             Bargaining Agreement which limits the
>             number of camps, workouts, mini-camps
>             or whatever they're called. The only
>             stipulation is that they be voluntary.
>             In this case, with a new coach
>             wielding a sizable hammer, the players
>             are deciding it's better to be there.
>             Some, including veteran Dee Brown, are
>             more than happy to do it.
>
>             "We won 15 games last year," Brown
>             said. "Why wouldn't you want to get a
>             head start? There are six new guys on
>             the team. It's good for them. It's
> [...]

- --

GO CELTICS!!!!! GO BRUINS!!!! GO RED SOX!!!! GO BRUINS!!!! GO
CELTICS!!!! GO RED SOX!!!!! GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
***Member of the Reggie Lewis Club***
***Member of the Larry Bird Club***             ***Member of the John
Valentin***
***Member of the Antione Walker Club***         ***Member of the Tim
Naerhing***
***Member of the Anson Carter
Club***                                      ***Member of the Cammeron
Mann Club***
***Member of the Steve Heinze Club***
***Member of the Ted Donato Club***
***Member of the Jozef Stumpel Club***