I'm Back

No, not MJ, just Gene.  While away, I started reading Shaunnessey's
biography of Red--"Seeing Red."  It's good, and most of you have already
read it, I'm sure.  But it's just arrived in Texas.

A few things jumped out at me:  Red cleaned house, keeping only three
holdovers when he came to Boston; he employed pressing defense,
conditioning, toughness, and fast break; he pulled the center out from the
lane to let quicker forwards score inside; in all, he came to win, not to
make fans feel good.  I see some parallels in RP--a college point guard,
brash, confident, knows the game and can motivate, and I suspect, like
Red will win a burst of games rather soon.  Not championships; Red
didn't do that for some years, but he had the celts winning off the bat.  I
expect Pitino will, too.

Of note:  Red's brother designed the logo.  And, Red was born in Sept.
l9l7.  Big birthday coming.  Cheers to the group.   We've got an exciting
year coming soon.

Gene     tan and rested and ready to be the twelfth man