Antoine's ascent

appropos of go-to guys:

I always felt that people were silly going on about youth and early entries
and so on, and given Antoine's magnificent rookie year, I felt justified.
 Surely he is on his ascent to stardom, no?  But I realize that the one thing
Antoine needs if he is to become a true star is go-to mentality.  If he is to
be the next great championship star, he has to learn to get the ball with the
game on the line and make something happen.  This is a rare quality, which
does not always go along with great talent.  Sometimes it takes players years
before they become a true go-to scorer, but I think more often you see it
right away (as was the case with Isiah, Larry, Magic, Michael).  But Antoine
is young, and was not the go-to scorer in his college offense.  But we need
him to be able to score on THIS play, not the one after, or the one after
that.  He seems to be able to get off a shot whenever he wants one, or get
fouled, so let's hope he can be our guy.  Billups looks like a clutch scorer
already; which is good, because your poing guard is often called upon to hit
the winning shot if your star is covered.

josh