difference between hustle and defense

Couple of comments here..

#1  Would most of you agree that there is a difference between hustle and
defense?  Several postings here over that last season spoke about how M.L.
has gotten them to "hustle" (I've posted that as well).  I've already
started looking at tapes of games from this year (ins't that pitiful?)  and,
except for Wesley and Brown (what little he played), no one plays consistant
hard defense.  There are TONS of examples of easy opponent's layups.  Sure
the Celtics did not get blowed out much, but I always got the impression as
I watched games that most every team could blow them out anytime they wanted
to.  Most teams just built up a 10-15 point lead, and coasted.

#2  Anyone else notice Carr's shots (parting shots?) after the last game of
the season?  He said "coaches don't pick managment, management picks
coaches", obviously referring to Pitino, and also said "no one wanted on
board when the waters were rough, and now they do" Referring to Bird?

Mark Estepp				704 262 3111
Appalachian State University		704 262 2088 (fax)
Esteppjm@AppState.edu