Caleb McArthur wrote:

> Bird hasn't done anything GMwise and you are ready to annoint him 3rd or
> 4th best?  C'mon Inbar!  Is this based on the same type of hunch that
> convinced you that you were going to get into Harvard Law School and then
> when that didn't pan out convinced you that you were headed for Wharton
> MBA? It is too bad you didn't aspire to go to Penn earlier in life; if you
> had gone to Penn, you would have learned a thing or two about basketball.

Does anyone ASPIRE to go to Penn?  I thought it was a safety school for
those poor souls who weren't Harvard material.

Seriously, I think this past season has started to turn even the most
level-headed of Celtic fans a bit loony.  Apart from the rumors we've
heard about Bird's taste in rookies (Montross over Jones vs EW and
AW), he's pretty much of a tabula rasa as a front office guy.
Caleb's right -- it's ridiculous to predict that he'll be the third or
fourth best GM in the business.  On the other hand, the "Opie" crap is
uncalled for -- anyone who insults Larry Bird should be forced to watch
Game 5 of the 1991 Pacers series repeatedly until they remember what the
man has meant to the franchise.

So why wouldn't Chris Ford want to trade Baker to the C's?  It seems as
if Ford & Baker have clashed all year and obviously Vin and the Big Hog
can't coexist on the court.  How about Radja, the Dallas pick (assuming
it's #6, naturally) and a lottery protected 98 or 99 first rounder for
Baker and the Bucks' pick (with whom we presumably could get Antonio
Daniels or Tracy McGrady -- maybe even Derek Anderson).  If not Radja,
how about Barros & EW instead?

Why don't we all just try to think happy thoughts for the next 25 days?
 So, what number do you think they'll give Duncan?  My fantasy is that
the Dallas pick wins the lottery and the Celtics give Duncan #19 as a
tribute to the man who brought him to Boston....

Michael Gooen

P.S.  Will McDonough is a jerk.