Re: This "OPIE" business..

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, Adi Inbar wrote:

> I think Bird will be the the third or fourth best GM in the business,
> after Jerry West, Pat Riley, and maybe Jerry Colangelo.  I'm fully
> prepared to eat my words if I'm wrong.

Jerry Krause?

Houston's GM? Getting Drexler and Barkley for Thorpe and
Cassel/Horry is pretty good, and picking up Maloney was sheer genius.

McHale has done a nice job in two years -- KG, Marbury, Googs, Garrett.

How about Atlanta's GM?

Bird hasn't done anything GMwise and you are ready to annoint him 3rd or
4th best?  C'mon Inbar!  Is this based on the same type of hunch that
convinced you that you were going to get into Harvard Law School and then
when that didn't pan out convinced you that you were headed for Wharton
MBA? It is too bad you didn't aspire to go to Penn earlier in life; if you
had gone to Penn, you would have learned a thing or two about basketball.

Caleb