Re: fans chumps

I have to say, if the celtics "plan" was to purposely suck this season to
get a good draft pick I am seriously going to consider ditching this team.
I mean they are my favorite team and have been for a long time, but c'mon
guys!  Isn't there a matter of pride?!  You have to be as good as you can
be, if that means not making the playoffs but not getting a good draft pick
either then so be it!

Ok, ok.  Maybe I am not "seriously considering ditching this team", but it
does make me pretty dissapointed....

Tim

>Caleb J. McArthur wrote:
>>
>> I am about 95% sure that management made a decision early in the season to
>> tank the season.  Does this mean that they told the players to throw
>> games?  Of course not.  That would be suicide in this day and age of
>> player movement:  someone would throw that back in the Cs faces down the
>> line.  What it means is that 1)  Carr put no emphasis on learning to play
>> defense/developing defensive strategy in practice or in game day coaching,
>> and 2)  injured players were encouraged to rest rather than come back as
>> soon as possible.  If this team had tried to win as many games as
>> possible, they would have won around 20 and if they hadn't had all the
>> injuries (some were legit) they would have won around 25.  I have to
>> believe that or I would conclude that our prospect are dim.  I think that
>> with Duncan, the 6th pick or whatever trade we come up with, with
>> Radja, Minor, and Barros back, and with a real coach who will teach these
>> kids defense and coach them to win every game possible, the Celts should
>> win half their games next year and fight for the last playoff spot.  In a
>> couple more years they will be contending for the conference title maybe
>> sooner if they can free up some cap room quickly.
>
>Caleb, you may very well have spelled out the "plan" that ML always talks
>about, but never describes in detail.  Let's hope that ML truly took these
>actions with long-range goals in mind, and not because he is clueless.
>
>Mike Dynon

Nault
rnault@ptialaska.net

Visit the PatriotsPage at: