Re: ...

Not necessarily true, the lottery COULD be won by the fourth or fifth
worst team.  The first three picks are totally dependent on the luck
of the draw (weighted, of course, to the benefit of the worst team,
and so on down).  The fourth pick goes to the team with the worst
record who DIDN'T draw a lottery pick.  Therefore it is POSSIBLE
the C's wind up with #5 (after 3 lottery picks and Vancouver at #4).
Pretty unlikely, though.

 a few weeks ago somebody made that thecomment that we should not
 plan on getting the #1 pick. They also said
that we could even end up with the 4th or 5th pick and then the Dallas
pick. However, correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember a rule
that states that the teams with the worst record can receive no worse than
the #3 pick. And since the Vancouver Grizzlies can't get the #1 pick this
year because of that stipulation, that technically puts the Celtics in the
driving seat so to speak. So technically we should not end up with any
worse than the #3 and the #7 picks in the 1997 NBA draft.

Alfordd@gould.pvt.k12.me.us