Re: tthomas

> > I don't think Tim Thomas would be a good pick for the C's.
> >
> >     He doesn't hit the boards aggressivley for a big man
> > (Antoine Walker, and Van Horn who have similar build/skills,
> > are better rebounders and overall players).  Also doesn't
> > challenge shots in the lane.
> >     The player at Villanova who actually showed more NBA skill and
> > mental toughness was their point guard.
> >     Thomas will have to be a 6'10" small forward.  Both E.W. and Antoine
> > are just as good at the 3.

I saw Thomas several times on TV and at the NCAAs in Winston-Salem live for two games.
In W-S, he was awesome in the first game, something like 29 pts and 14 rebounds, and in
the second game he was much more ordinary, like 14 pts.

I imagine what makes the NBA types in the tremendous physical ability and grace that
he demonstrates for someone 6'10".  He is incredibly smooth, he can hit the three, he
can bring it to the basket.  And in the games I saw he rebounded very well.  I think
he is a good pick in the 5-10 range but will take time to develop.  As far as the
Cs go, what he brings to the table is almost exactly what Walker brings.  he wouldn't
necessarily be my choice, given their two picks.

Fred