Re: Random Thoughts

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997 jross@S1.DRC.COM wrote:

>  --  Here's my submission to this suggestion.  In better times,
> I used to entertain myself by checking the league's rosters and identifying
> players on other teams that have "slipped through" the Celtics hands.  Using
> this list of former or "passing-through" Celtics, I'd assemble (on paper) an
> ex-Celtics team and speculate as to how well this team might do against the
>  current league.  Is there any true talent that truly "got away"?  --  Any
> takers for this mental exercise?

	Just off the top of my head, we could have drafted Eddie Jones
instead of Eric Montross.  We could also have taken Michael Finley instead
of Eric Williams.  Nick Van Exel was taken in the secound round so we
could have drafted him as well.  Andrew DeClerq of Golden State was
drafted right after we chose Junior Burrough.  Going a bit further back,
we could have drafted Tim Hardaway and Shawn Kemp istead of I forget who
(Michael Smith and Brian Shaw????).  Who else am I missing?

Jeremy