Future

>I think Charlotte is an excellent example of why complete teams,
>including
>role players, are successful in the NBA, and a few stars may not make you
>any better if they are the Derrick Colemen types.  Here they lost
>Mourning,
>L.J. & Anderson and everyone probably said they're history, but now under
>the guidance of Dave Cowens they have put up the most wins in franchise
>history, and guys like Anthony Mason are putting up the best numbers of
>their career.

>Top draft picks won't guarantee the Celtics return to respectability
>without the appropriate support & leadership at the top, which means
>cleaning house.

Great point. Seldom do I find myself in such complete agreement. Sad to
say, Rick Pitino doesn't seem to be coming, in my opinion. I saw NBA Today
this morning and they said that he had already told his players that he
was returning and I don't think his professionalism would allow him to
perform a 180 on that. I'm for DJ now.

Say, what do y'all think of the playoffs this year? It's shaping up to be
mighty exciting, with the return of Shaq, and the seeming decline of
Seattle. Utah has been a rather pleasant surprise thus far and Houston's
talent is undeniable. And that's just in the West.

Here's my outlook:

EAST                      WEST
1.Chicago                 1.Utah
2.Miami                   2.LAL
3.NY                      3.Houston
4.Atlanta                 4.Seattle
5.Charlotte               5.Portland
6.Detroit                 6.Minnesota
7.Orlando                 7.Phoenix
8.Washington              8.LAC

1st rd.
EAST
Bulls bt. Bullets 3-1 (Not this yr for hot Bullets)
Heat bt. Magic 3-2 (Close)
NY bt Pistons 3-2 (50-50)
Charlotte bt. Hawks 3-1 (Charlotte's hot)

WEST
Utah bt. LAC 3-0 (Weak competition)
LAL bt. Phoenix 3-1 (Suns can't hold Shaq)
Houston bt. Minnesota 3-1 (Experience over talent)
Seattle bt. Portland 3-2 (Talented Portland lose narrowly to slumping
Sonics)

2nd rd.
EAST
Bulls bt. Charlotte 4-1 (Tough luck for Glen and co.)
NY bt. Heat 4-3 (It'd be a fun series, but I like Ewing's experience)

WEST
Utah bt. Seattle 4-2 (Karl and Stockton's last charge)
Houston bt. LAL 4-2 (Experience prevails.)

Semis
EAST
Bulls bt. NY 4-1 (Exhausted NY can't find fight left)

WEST
Houston bt. Utah 4-3 (Dogfight goes the distance)

Final
Bulls bt. Houston 4-3 (Tremendous Rockets resistance to flawless Chicago
chemistry eventually fails)

What do y'all think?
Please comment! - Danny