No Subject

I thought if KY won the championship this year he might go, saying there =
was little more to prove, but as I walked out of the RCA dome I said =
there is no way now.  He obviously did the right thing not playing =
Anderson, but with him there is no way they lose to Arizona.  Because of =
this I don't think he'll leave.

On the Bird issue, I don't think Pitino needs total control. He =
evidently talked with the Lakers because of Jerry West.  But this was =
after a disappointing KY season.  Personally, I think everyone knows =
Bird was a great player, but unproven as a GM.

Sorry to make this so long but I thought I had a different perspective.

I am very hopeful that Pitino will come to the Celtics, but I just read =
his
answers to people's questions in ESPN's chat, and I am a little worried.
He said that he is happy to be at Kentucky and if he could pick any =
coaching
position in the world it would be Kentucky.  He also said that Larry =
Bird
has talked to him about the position, but they have been nothing more =
than
cassual talks and he has had much more serious talks with other NBA =
teams
about coaching.  He said people are looking into this more than they =
should
and that he has no intention of leaving.

Of course he could just be saying this because the NBA season isn't over =
yet
and he doesn't want to come out and say he wants to coach the Celtics
because if he did he could be losing himself a lot of money.

I have also heard that Pitino has said that he would come to the Celtics =
if
Bird was the G.M.  Did he actually say that or is that just a rumor?

What does everyone think about Pitino's comments.  Would he come to the
Celtics if Bird was there?  Is he really happy at Kentucky?  Or is =
everybody
looking into this more than they should?

Please send your comments as soon as possible.