Re: pitino + bird

> Larry thinks ML is an idiot he started pressuring Gaston to fire him.
Gaston had no intention of doing this, so
> Larry went public. The quote from Bird last week about him believing that
ML deserves another year?...a pile of > crap. He's contacted Pitino, Brown,
and God knows who else...and to be honest, I bet he did it all without the
> ok from Gaston.

One thing we know about Larry Bird is  that if he feels that ML is an idiot
then he would say so. After all he said openly that he doesn't agree with
Red Auerbach, he did not have to. He is not some dirty conniving power
hungry types,  he is arrogant but direct as he was when giving a piece of
his mind to Dee Brown when he was whining.

> This whole thing is Larry's move. There will be a new coach next year
guys, because Larry wont be there if ML stays. > Pitino?...His desire to be
Celtics coach has nothing to do with history. It's about cash.
> That statement from him about how odd it is that he's being contacted
while ML is still coaching?...read: "

Pitino can get the same cash elswhere, I mean there are about 1/2 a dozen
teams that would gladly pay him whatever the Nets offered him last year
e.g. Lakers, Warriors, Celtics, Magic etc. ML when he took the job as coach
promised that, his taking over the reigns as coach is strictly short term
and as soon as he finds somebody capable he will gladly handover the
coaching responsibility. It's about two years now and he hasn't found
anybody capable and the guy he passed over is candidate for coach of the
year.
                                                              - Mishra