two points

1) I doubt there is much cause for alarm re Sacramento.  If there had been
even  a hint of it, you would have heard it at least mentioned in one of the
major sports organs. I have been obsessively monitoring them for two days,
including the Sacramento Bee, and haven't heard a peep.  Still, keep your
fingers crossed.  If, as May reports, Bird was given the go-ahed to talk to
Pitino, then he is indeed the annointed front office go to man.  Which means
he should make the call in teh draft.

2) speaking of the draft, I think we have to ask ourselves if rick is going
to be here.  We have to decide what to do about rick and david.  David is
good enough to be a starter on a championship team, although he will probably
never be an all star.  If we lose him, we ought to consider somebody big,
which means Knight and Vaughn are out.  Billups?  Then there is the question
of Rick.  If he goes, we should consider getting a prime time three, and
moving Eric to the "sixth man" role his talents seem to be suited for.  Van
Horn, Thomas, Battie?  Hard to say.  I know that if we don't get duncan, we
will have to blow our top pick on Battie or Foyle, so a top flight 3 would be
just right.  I think we should consider a forward who can play both spots, so
as to make the question of who to defend Antoine with moot.  (does this make
sense?)  I agree with Tommy Heinsohn and A. Walker that the team has got
guards and to spare.  You know what?  If we lose Rick and/or David, I think
we should hold on to Todd.  I really like him as a player.
Lastly, I wish it were possible to keep this current unit intact.  Use all
the injured players for trade bait, but this group seems to be a foundation
to build on.  I think we should really try to keep Day, Rick, David, and the
Ws.  thoughts?