Joe Smith

Someone asked about whether trading for Joe Smith is a
good idea.  I live in San Francisco and do see the
Warriors on TV once in a while.  The Bay Area press
has noticed that while Joe Smith is a talented scorer,
he's giving the guy he's defending as many points
(if not more) that he's scoring.  There was an article
in the SF Examiner about this.

Also, Joe Smith might be a little bit too lean to play
physical player like Karl Malone, Shawn Kemp, Hakeem,
Shaq, etc.

Since the consensus is that Antoine is a keeper
and I don't see Joe Smith playing the center position,
I don't think the C's would want him.

The trade rumors may have circulated from the fact
that Joe Smith's contract should be up at the end
of next season.  He has stated he wanted to play for
a winning team (who doesn't?), but this could be a ploy
to get a favorable contract extension.