Re: Fortson

R. Bentz Kirby wrote:

> What about Duncan and Fortson.  I know we would be "heavy" in forwards
> then, but we could trade Walker for a guard.  Just wondering.
> --

Walker is not the one to trade.  He is the future of this franchise.  I
would give up Williams first.  I like the idea of taking the best player
available with top pick (Duncan, hopefully) and trading Dallas pick with
another player (Dino, Dana, etc.) for Vin Baker.  I think this would
work if the C's agreed to pay a portion of the salary of the player we
trade.  I know paying a portion of a traded player's salary is
undesireable, but at least we will clearing some cap room.