Hi Fred,

=46irst, as the inventor of duncanitis i am pro duncan.  I was not
slighting him.  I was stating an observation i made from plenty of
posts in various newsgroups.  I did not see the wake/stanford game but
i did see van horn and mercer.  The feeling was if he is so great why
didn't he carry his team? I don't feel this way which is why i said
all three suffered from intense defensive coverage.

Secondly, I know Bibby played point.  What i was wondering was whether
simon would have a shot at an nba point 'cause he has such good ball
handling skills, can easily split the defense and knows how to shoot.

- -steve

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997 10:25:17 -0500 (EST), you expressed these thoughts:

>As a Wake fan, I guess I take a little exception to the statement that
>Duncan was "shut down".  In the loss to Stanford, he scored 18 pts, 20
>rebounds and 3 blocks, considered a monster game for most players.  Of =
his
>18, he score 14 of his teams 19 first half points.  In the second half,
>he only scored 4, but his team scored 47 (his offense wasn't needed as =
much
>once his teammates started hitting shots).  At that point, Wake lost =
because
>they couldn't stop Stanford (who had 25 1st half points and also 47 =
second
>half points).
>
>>=20
>> What's up with Arizona's Simon Says? Is he in this year's draft?  At
>> 6'5" he's a heck of a point guard.
>>=20
>>=20
>
>Simon played well, but he doesn't play point guard (Bibby does) and that=
 leaner
>in the lane really won't fly in the NBA.  I remeber that that little =
floater
>was one of Danny Ainge's pet moves in college.  However, in his rookie =
year,
>he swallowed a steady diet of them that were swatted down his throat so =
he
>finally stopped shooting it.
>
>Fred

The Boston Celtics will hang banner #17 in the FleetCenter by 2001!
You Can't Keep A Good Leprechaun Down forever...
http://www.tiac.net/users/ChomS/celtics.html

I've broken on through to the other side...