Re: Sonny came home with a vengeance

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Jeremy Warren wrote:

>       Just a few thoughts.  Drafting Victor Page in the second round
> wouldn't work.  He's an underclassman and would probably go back to
school
> for a year to get another shot at a three year guaranteed contract.  But
> maybe we can tradc up to a late first rounder somehow.  And besides
Victor
> has a lot of upside potential.  I think he's a definite top 20 pick.

Victor Page won't go back to school.  He already dropped out and he'd be
inelgible next year because of lack of units.  The reason he dropped out
was because he couldn't handle the academics at Georgetown, not because he
felt he was ready for NBA.

Jeff Stanners
98jstann@uor.edu
Redlands, CA

                           / ^   ^ \
                          { (o) (o) }
      -------------oOOOo-------U-------oOOOo--------------
     |                                                   |
     |   Quote from David Stern,                         |
     | "With the first pick in the 1997 NBA draft -      |
     |   The Boston Celtics select, TIM DUNCAN,          |
     |    of Wake Forest University."                    |
     |                                Oooo.              |
     |                 .oooO          (   )              |
                         \_)